Organize Your Own Soccer Collection
What our Soccer players need:
1. Soccer equipment for boys and girls of all ages: cleats, socks, shin guards, athletic shorts and jerseys, uniforms, gloves, goalie apparel.
2. Sport-related materials: balls, goal nets, bags or backpacks, cones, corner flags, etc.
3. We do not accept: (a) Dirty, torn, or unusable donations; or (b) Clothing unsuitable for sports activities in such as jeans, tank tops, sweatshirts, etc.
How to organize an equipment drive for C2P
1. Register your equipment drive with Chance to Play by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Determine the goal for your drive: is there a deadline? A certain amount of equipment you’d like to collect?
3. Spread word about your drive by contacting your friends, family members, colleagues, classmates, and neighbors. We recommend you contact local soccer clubs and organizations in the area.
4. Collect equipment! Make sure you keep an inventory and check quality of donations
5. When your drive is complete, please sort and organize the donations by jersey colours, shorts sizes, pair sock together, tie cleats together, and deflate soccer balls. We ask to fill out our In Kind Donation Form
6. Send the gear to Chance to Play! Please mail donations to 10 Prince Charles Dr., Georgetown Ontario Canada, L7G 3T7 with your name or organization clearly marked on the outside of the box. We then take responsibility for shipping the equipment communities around the world.
Please note: a $45 donation is suggested for each box. This will allow us to ship the
materials to developing countries to reach the soccer players in need immediately. Thank you!
7. Thank you! Chance To Play will send you a thank you card or email along with photos of our players. Keep in mind it may take up to 6 months for donations to be processed and 4 weeks for cards and emails to be sent.
UPS: 1 (800) 742.5877
FedEx Canada: 1 (800) 463.3339
Purolator Canada: 1 (888) 744.7123
Grey Hound Bus: 1 (800) 463.6446 (Please have your ship sent to Greyhound in Guelph Ontario – 79 Carden St, Guelph, ON N1H 7R7)
GMX Worldwide Xpress: 1 (800) 428.0111
We suggest a fundraiser to assist Chance to Play with ongoing programming support in developing countries and across Canada. The fundraiser can be a donation jar, bake sale, raffles, soccer tournament event or we challenge you to come up with an unique way to fund raise that is fun and full of energy. Checks can be made payable to “Chance to Play”.
Anita Bergsma is available to speak at your school and/or community event in the Southern Ontario area about Chance to Play.
We are here to Help -Email email@example.com and team up with us for additional support, suggestions and resources. We want to know about your collection, answer your questions and walk you through the experience.
Don’t forget to visit www.facebook.com/chancetoplay and www.twitter.com/chance2play for photos and updates.