Fundraising & Special Events Coordinator
We are seeking an optimistic, energetic and organized individual interested in a career in fundraising in the not-for-profit sector to join our board as Fundraising Coordinator.
The Fundraising Coordinator will report to the Board of Directors and will be responsible for supporting all Fundraising activities, including major giving, online fundraising and donor communications relating to fund development.
Chance to Play values passion, creativity, teamwork and rigor in its people and its initiatives. Our core team is intentionally small, informal and friendly. Chance to Play values a diverse workforce and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct prospect research using funding databases and other online sources to identify prospective corporate and foundation donors and high net-worth individuals. Match prospect interests to Chance to Play and provide recommendations on partnership potential.
- Identify funding opportunities that align with our work from grant-giving foundations, corporate foundations and multi-lateral institutions, and complete grant applications in accordance with donor requirements.
- Support the planning and implementation of a new website, including full content revitalization and maximizing search engine presence, relevancy and ranking.
- Build and maintain new and existing social networking opportunities.
- Coordinate with Program Managers to collect data and case studies for donor reports.
- Write and design “success stories” for website, social media, fundraising presentations, etc. to engage and report back to donors.
- Plan content and creative component of in-house direct marketing acquisition appeal; coordinate mail merges and mailings.
- Plan and support the creation of the donor newsletter, including print / mail coordination.
- Draft marketing materials to support fundraising, donor publicity and third-party events.
- Represent Chance to Play at community events as required.
- Other administrative / communication duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications & Required Skills:
- Fundraising Management certificate, or equivalent experience, preferably in Fundraising.
- Strong communications skills; experience writing and designing publications, as well as adapting messaging for relevant donor audiences.
- Energetic and enthusiastic; willing to participate and represent Street Kids appropriately and professionally.
- Knowledge of donor databases and experience in data entry an asset.
- Good working knowledge of: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, web-based applications.
- Graphic design experience strongly desired (knowledge of Adobe Illustrator / In Design / Photoshop).
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple and competing priorities and deadlines.
- Strong interest in fundraising an asset.
How to Apply:
If interested in this position, please email your cover letter and resume to Anita Bergsma at firstname.lastname@example.org and write “Fundraising Coordinator position” in the subject line.
*This is an unpaid role*